Home Page Forums Wisdom Rising Discussion Forum 'Week 1 – General Discussion Forum' Reply To: 'Week 1 – General Discussion Forum'

mvwillowsong
Participant

a couple of more things from week one:
Thank you for the introduction to Buddhism, and tracking the Buddha’s relationship with the feminine in his history! Loved that lens : )

And really appreciated the summary of the lineage of what happened after the Buddha’s death, and illustrating the emergence of the feminine in the Tantric period and what these influences brought. And the explanation of the difference of the Path of Renunciation and the Path of Transformation. I understand why this work is so appealing and calling to me, having been on a path of transformation which first began in years of shamanic ‘shadow work’, then years into Qabalistic training and practice and work through a Mystery School (still ongoing), which is where I first learned the ‘feeding your inner demon’ practice! This is actually how I came upon Lama Tsultrim , her book and this course. I had done the ‘feeding your demon’ practice extensively some years ago, then kind of fell off the wagon and recently, because of circumstances in my life and what is happening in the world right now, felt the need to get back into this practice, and after a universe ‘poke’ that led me to discover Lama Tsultrim’s book, I not only found her book, but Wisdom Rising, this course, and learned of Tara mandala : )

I also appreciated Part 4 of Week One which linked Buddhism and psychology, and also addressed the difference between developing psychologically and emotionally and the aim of moving out of compulsive rounds of birth to the next. I am not a Buddhist, but my Path of Transformation in the Western Mystery tradition, which includes the required on-going ‘work on the personality’ is done in order to Serve, which puts this work in a larger intention/context. And I am very pleased for many different reasons, to be learning the practices of the mandala and working with the dakinis. And although I have loved, appreciated and greatly benefited by all my teachers, schools and mentors, there has always been a part that has felt like the ‘boys club’, and my heart and soul here soar in this arena of the feminine.